[BC] Legal ID Question

Scott Fybush scott
Sat Aug 26 12:03:36 CDT 2006

>> > Yes for the first, *NO* for the second. Call and
>> city
>> of license with nothing in between.
>>
>> Wrong-o Powell.  The licensee's name can be inserted
>> between
>> calls and city.  I've never heard any station do it,
>> but it
>> is legal.
>>
>> LF
>

> That's not what the rules say, but that said, Cumulus
> Radio, AM 570 KLIF, Dallas would be a better way as
> you give the owner name first.....

Check those rules again, Powell. According to 73.1201, legal insertions
between calls and COL are: frequency or channel number, and the name of
the licensee. A strict reading of the rules says that only the licensee
name as indicated on the license is acceptable, so if you're licensed to
"Capstar Licensees of Texas," saying "Clear Channel Communications"
wouldn't cut it.