[BC] Tower lights:

Ron Youvan ka4inm
Fri Aug 25 18:31:48 CDT 2006

> Try 1-800-WXBRIEF That will connect you to a Flight Service Station.
> Normally the nearest, but if the call load is heavy it will redirect to
> another.

>> I know this is a stupid question, but I'm old enough that "stupid" doesn't
>> bother me anymore!
>> The Rules require the notification of the FAA Flight Service when a tower
>> light outage is discovered, Correct?  Well Flight Service is now
>> Lockheed-Martin and not the FAA, "Who ya gonna call?
>> There is an 800 notam # 800-272-0128, but just "who" are you talking to?
>> are you completing your legal responsibilities?

   As far as I understand this government operation, you must find the same
flight service station to report the repair, or you can be reported to the
FCC as being not in compliance.  (by the first F. S. station)

   Asking the name of the F. S. station AND the location is part of our
logging system.
   (we have had the Huntsville, AL F. S. station answer The St. Petersburg
F. S. station telephone number {saying "St. Petersburg F. S. station"}
instead of the good people in Tampa, the normal.  They said Tampa is too
busy now so they handed it over to us.)
--
    Ron  KA4INM