[BC] Yes, sir. The High Definition Stuff is in the TV Department

Cowboy curt
Fri Aug 25 18:20:14 CDT 2006

On Friday 25 August 2006 07:00 pm, Rich Wood wrote:
> ------ At 05:08 PM 8/25/2006, Cowboy wrote: -------
>
> >  And I heard one several times in Columbus, Ohio advertising
> >  "High Definition Radio"
> >
> >  Sure glad I'm not in programming !
>
> I am and it embarrasses the Hell out of me.

 Good !!
 Not that you're embarrassed, good that it isn't just me.

> It's a combination of
> lying, mixed positioning and promotion of HDTV. To most people "High
> Definition" means Television.

 Maybe it was "Radio in High Definition" or something. Maybe the word
 "radio" wasn't there. Maybe it was "Now broadcasting in High Definition".
 Now that I think about it, ( it was a week ago ) I think it was the last.

 I know that I distinctly got the feeling someone was talking about HDTV,
 and then payed attention.
 The several more times I heard it, it was clear they were talking about
 radio in High Definition, and not HD radio, but meaning HD radio.
 Did that make sense ?
 It did to me, after a second or three, but I'm in the business.

 Since you are in programming, maybe YOU should write these things.
 With your attitude, I know they'd be accurate, and with your professionalism,
 I'm pretty sure they would be promo's as intended by the word "promo."

--
Cowboy