[BC] Legal ID Question

Dale H. Cook radiotest
Fri Aug 25 14:53:06 CDT 2006

At 02:31 PM 8/25/2006, Justin Kaiser wrote:

>I know we've been over this many times but if I've got an AM and an FM with
>the same call letters how would I legal ID the FM?
>
>WGFA, Watseka
>
>WGFA FM, Watseka

You always ID them with the calls and city of license exactly as
specified on the station licenses. If simulcast, "WGFA and WGFA-FM,
Watseka." If separate, the AM is "WGFA, Watseka" and the FM is
"WGFA-FM, Watseka." Note that "WGFA-AM and WGFA_FM, Watseka" is not
correct - there is no such station as "WGFA-AM" - the calls on the AM
are just "WGFA."

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting,
Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA - WZZI / WZZU / WLNI / WLEQ
http://members.cox.net/dalehcook/starcity.shtml