[BC] A Pig in a Polk

Stan Tacker stacker
Fri Aug 25 10:52:13 CDT 2006

HD Radio?  Yeah, that's those music channels on my TV.  Up around channel
900, right?

Joe Sixpack

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Rich Wood
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 10:18 AM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] A Pig in a Polk

------ At 08:28 AM 8/25/2006, WFIFeng at aol.com wrote: -------

>Well, I don't know how long (or if ever) this thing is ever going to be
>"fixed" (especially on AM) but "Joe 6-Pack" doesn't seem to have a
>whole lot of
>patience. Then there's the $40-a-set bugaboo... I've seen the
"Spark-O-Matic"
>*type* of el-cheapo car radios in blister packs for $19.95. No, I'm
>not kidding.
>I used to see them in all kinds of stores, too, back before Wal Mart! I
>haven't looked for them, lately, but I'm sure they're still there.
>Well, you *won't*
>have any "HD" radios for less than $60 at this rate.

Not an issue. "Joe-6-Pack" has no idea this "technology" exists. He
has all the patience in the world, since he has no interest in it. I
haven't seen a single "I want my IBUZ" commercial running on any
local TV or cable here. I remember MTV did a saturation campaign to
get carried on cable systems. I even recall some phony demonstrations
demanding MTV.

I wonder if stations can get an equity loan on that $1.6 billion the
NAB predicts to do some actual advertising.

Rich