[BC] A Pig in a Polk

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Fri Aug 25 09:36:12 CDT 2006

In a message dated 08/25/2006 08:20:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
curt at spam-o-matic.net writes:

>  Actually, very well !
>   Their ilk will wait until the problems are found a fixed by someone else,
>   then mass produce for dirt cheap, just don't look for them this week.

Well, I don't know how long (or if ever) this thing is ever going to be
"fixed" (especially on AM) but "Joe 6-Pack" doesn't seem to have a whole lot of
patience. Then there's the $40-a-set bugaboo... I've seen the "Spark-O-Matic"
*type* of el-cheapo car radios in blister packs for $19.95. No, I'm not kidding.
I used to see them in all kinds of stores, too, back before Wal Mart! I
haven't looked for them, lately, but I'm sure they're still there. Well, you *won't*
have any "HD" radios for less than $60 at this rate.

Why should Joe 6-Pack buy a radio for $60, when for less than that he can get
a memory-stick to plug into his soon to be available in-dash MP3/USB capable
radio?

Willie...