[BC] Google Earth Placemark: ???.kmz

Rex Lee rex
Wed Aug 23 19:13:59 CDT 2006

Transmission Facilities

Radio Marti: Marathon Key, Florida -- Facilities include a directional
four-tower antenna array and two 50 kilowatt (kW) transmitters operating on
1180 kHz (medium wave) as well as a power combiner system that allows the
station to transmit a more powerful 100 kW signal during daylight hours. The
broadcast signal is sent by satellite from Miami to Marathon Key. Radio
Marti also broadcasts on a total of four separate shortwave frequencies each
hour from Greenville, North Carolina, and Delano, California.

TV Marti: TV Marti's antenna and transmitter are mounted aboard an aerostat
balloon tethered 10,000 feet above Cudjoe Key, Florida, and transmit one of
three available UHF-TV channels. Programming originates in studios in Miami
and is transmitted to the Florida Keys by satellite. The signal is then
relayed to a transmitter and a highly directional antenna mounted aboard an
aerostat for broadcast to Cuba. The TV Marti system has safeguards that
prevent interference with existing domestic and foreign TV stations.

or maybe

Observations of the Florida Current with two over-the-horizon radars
Radio Science, vol. 33 (4), pp. 1227-1239, 1998. Observations of the Florida
Current with two over-the-horizon radars. T. M. Georges,1 J. A. Harlan,2 T.
N. Lee,3 and R. R. Leben4. Abstract. ... reefs along the Florida Keys
[Prospero and Ortner, 1995 ... long linear phased receiving array consisting
of 372 twin ... aperture transmitting and receiving antenna arrays and
strategies to ...

... need for very large aperture antenna arrays. Beams of 1 ... beam would
require a kilometer-long array. The second obstacle ... the north of the
Florida Keys are consistent with the ...