[BC] Re: Any manned transmitter sites left? - Transmitter with a bidet?

nakayle@gmail.com nakayle
Wed Aug 23 11:00:30 CDT 2006

 In 1971 I did part time work at WDNC- a 5/1-KW station in the relatively
small town of Durham, NC.  The transmitter was manned from sign-on to
sign-off in two 10-hour shifts.  From there I went to WPTF in Raleigh- which
was manned 24/hrs a day until 1977.   In fact, during week days there were
usually two engineers on duty- the regular shift guy and the supervisor and
two and sometimes three for Sunday night maintenance.  Plus a full-time
janitor/grounds-keeper.  It was a well maintained facility.

 -Nat