[BC] RE: DST vs Daytimers

Cowboy curt
Mon Aug 21 07:35:53 CDT 2006

On Monday 21 August 2006 07:56 am, Tom Taggart wrote:
> I'll agree with Willie.
>
> Moving up "daylight saving" time to March makes no sense except to some
idiot politicians who waltz into the office around ten each day. It "saves"
nothing, because most of us have to turn on extra lights to get up in the
dark.

> Especially, as Cowboy is aware, here in Ohio. On March 15, 2007, sunrise in
Connecticut is at 6:05 AM (or 7:05 advanced time). Here in Ohio, sunrise goes
from 6:45 to 7:45. I am up at 6:00 each morning.  Many local schools have
buses out picking up the kids at 6:45, move to daylight time and kids are
waiting in the dark.

> This saves energy? Yea right.

 Please don't misunderstand .....

 Personally, I think Daylight "Savings" time is one of the dumbest things
 to have ever come from the legislature, ever.

 It puts little kids in danger, more-so now that every other soccer-mom
 in an SUV is paying more attention to their cell phone than what that
 bump was.....
 We could go on almost forever with what's wrong with DST, but that
 never seems to stop Washington.

 IMHO a much better idea is to abolish DST forever.

--
Cowboy