[BC] DST vs Daytimers

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Sun Aug 20 20:05:20 CDT 2006

In a message dated 08/20/2006 3:14:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
curt at spam-o-matic.net writes:

>  Therefore, I fail to see a "fiasco" of any kind.
>   You'll still sign on when the sun is at the same relative position it's
> always been !
>   Nothing changes.
>   Your license still specifies the same times, in the same non-advanced time
>   it's always been.
>   It was a condition of the license when it was granted, and accepted.

Sigh... I KNOW that... I am *not* stupid, and resent the implication!

With our sign-on at 6:45 NON-advanced time, all of our *listeners* are seeing
7:45 *advanced time* on *their* clocks. IOW, already well on their way to
work/school/life/whatever...

Read: Middle of AM Drive.

They'd have been looking for us since *their* clocks read 6:45, (our November
sign-on time) and we're not there, not until 7:45 on *their* clocks. *That*
is the fiasco of which I speak. Someone else said that this doesn't go into
effect until March of '07. Ok, great, that only postpones the inevitable. Instead
of signing-on (on our *listeners' clocks*) at 6am, we won't be there until 7.

Now have I made myself clear? I hope so.

Willie...