[BC] Low-Tech "EAS" & air-fillers

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Fri Aug 18 16:26:33 CDT 2006

In a message dated 08/18/2006 8:35:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
DHultsman5 at aol.com writes:

> One of the most popular networks in Cuba  is "Radio Relo"    which is a one
>  second "tick" for 59 second of each minute and then on the "O"  second
mark
> the
>  ce  "rr"  this mis constantly runing behind the spoken  24 hour newscasts.

Not sure what happened to your text, above...

>  Also remember the ealy days of TV after running a test pattern for two
> hours
>  to get the transmitter all warmed up, many time they would show a plain
>  clock with recorded music the last hour before air time.  Later on some
ran
>  random slides with music.  I am amazed at the number of folks that watch
> the weather channel or Bloomberg  all day at their offices.

Memory flasback: I was in grade school, home with the flu, and watching
channel 13, PBS. (Sesame Street, Zoom, Electric Company, etc.) Between one set of
shows, they had the camera pointed at one of those "odometer" style clocks,
with the rotating digits on drums (not the flip-type) with this GOOFY song
playing.. "Don't push me, push me ,push me! Don't push me, push me dowwwwnnn. Don't
push me, push me, push me... don't push me, push me dowwwnnnn.....". It had a
country style to it.

I only saw it that one time. Why I remember that 35 years later is beyond me!
<g>

Willie...