[BC] Things that drive CEs nutty

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo
Fri Aug 18 12:36:58 CDT 2006

what if, after fading to black you cut the tx power back to 50%.   here,
(unrelated however) the chicago passenger rail system Metra, idles its
locomotives all night in the yards if the temp. is going to be down around
-20 F.

rob atkinson

From: "Bill Brister" <bbrister at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: RE: [BC] Things that drive CEs nutty
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:42:12 -0500

In the northern tier it is common to run the transmitter all night during
the winter months to keep it from freezing up especially in buildings that
have no heaters. The difference is they run color bars or a test pattern
during that time. Running black (100% modulation) all night does seem to be
a great unneeded stress on the transmitter.

Bill B.
Houston