[BC] MW 50B NEED ASSISTANCE

Robert Bowe robertb
Fri Aug 18 11:02:09 CDT 2006

I have mgmt half-way convinced to get a SS rig @ 10kW - it was down when
I 'inherited' it and giving it the once over I found:
    green fuzzies on the final and various parts/contacts because the
roof vent leaked
    a black mod tube (prob. OK @ 10k but who knows)
    several years of dust & corrosion thanks to evaporative cooling in
the building (you should see the dummy load!)

 I decided to leave it be.  The design doesn't lend itself to that type
of abuse and I don't have the time to overhaul it.

--

Robert Bowe, CSRE
Director of Engineering

NB.  The dummy is in the 'wet room' where the coolers dumped into the
building - that sucker would make quite the fireworks display if it were
to be lit up!!!