[BC] MW 50B NEED ASSISTANCE

boydsirboyd@aol.com boydsirboyd
Fri Aug 18 09:50:00 CDT 2006

 your right,, but do you have any experience with this model harris?
 bill

 -----Original Message-----
 From: w4opw at yahoo.com
 To: broadcast at radiolists.net
 Sent: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 9:36 AM
 Subject: Re: [BC] MW 50B NEED ASSISTANCE

--- BOYDSIRBOYD at aol.com wrote:

> i will be going back to the station this morning and
> i need some phone
> numbers of a few guys furmilliar with this harris
> beast.
> to make a long story short, it has been off for a
> year, i got the exciter
> working fine i did get 22 k volts on the plate but
> no drive current. and that is
> my delemma now. and who can answer this i will call
> you when i get down to the
> sight.
> thanks in advance.
> bill    wdab

That's the WCSZ, right? I also bet it hasn't been
operated at 50K for a long time. It seems like it
hasn't been at high power for OVER  a year. At *RATED*
power it was audible in Columbia. When the array was
correct it was listenable. It's not been listenable
very well in years. I wish you a LOT of luck!

Powell in Columbia SC

w4opw at americanbroadcastdx.com
NNNN!
Cable-Connectors-Blocks-Racks-Wire Management-Test Gear-Tools and More!