[BC] Remembering Harris 9100 Automation

Thomas G. Osenkowsky tosenkowsky
Thu Aug 17 16:06:16 CDT 2006

We installed one in New Haven, CT in the summer 1979.
It was unstable. We used a heavy duty car battery for
memory backup, studio had a generator. Problem was
traced to the system switching to DC backup. Solution
was adding a capacitor to smooth out the sensor.

The system used a variation of BASIC but you couldn't
reliably nest more than three levels (IOW nest three or
more For...Next loops). Had Scully PB decks and
carousels.

The Harris FS tech later became CE of the stations. Moved
from IL to CT.

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE