[BC] IBOC Tentatively Identified as Interfering Signal

Kent Winrich kwinrich
Mon Aug 14 17:03:13 CDT 2006

Trust me.  My AMs are in sand.  I am familiar with the ground conductivity
(and having just came from the fertile ground of the Midwest).  But my point
was if this has nothing to do with IBOC.  The ground is what it is.  We
learn to deal with what is delt to us.

In regards to the interference issuse, again I will refer to 680/700/720 in
Chicago/Cincy .  70 miles NORTH of Chicago I am able to get WLW during the
day while WSCR and WGN run IBOC (WGN has IBOC turned off as of this
writing).  WLW is over 400 miles away.  I haev not had any difference in my
ability to receive WLW.  In Milwaukee WTMJ is running IBOC.  In the main
lobe of 620 WTMJ, (250kW ERP) I am able to get tiny 640 WMFN, 1.2 kW in
Zeeland, MI (about 80 miles away).  What am I missing?