[BC] The XLR pinout debate

Bill Croghan loteng
Mon Aug 14 15:02:09 CDT 2006

Brain Trust,
	A couple of folks have asked for a copy of the "pinout chart" that I
use.   Here's a copy of the E-mail I've sent to them.
Bill

	Actually, the chart is a number of charts, the best one from Shure,
labeled at the bottom, 27A8220(JA)AL1017, and at the top "Connecting your
devices to a Shure mixer"  A couple of years ago, my copy was getting ragged
and Shure was able to send me some new copies.

	Another sheet came from this part of the RANE website library.
http://www.rane.com/note110.html     Page 7.

	The stuff on RJ11, RJ45 etc came from various on line sources and
meets normal standards.

	I hate reinventing the wheel and these guys do a lot better graphics
than I can.

	I do have a posted note from me specifying things like type of
cable, what to do with Punch blocks and misc. stuff like DC unbalanced
switching circuits, but that memo was written 6 years ago and the file has
been lost.  I'm up to my butt in alligators today so will have to get it
retyped and out to you later.
Bill

Bill Croghan CPBE WB?KSW
Chief Engineer,