[BC] XLR Wiring and Phase...

Burt I. Weiner biwa
Mon Aug 14 09:31:23 CDT 2006

It should be.  In the case of analog FM or TV stereo, incorrect or
out of phase audio can cause excessive L-R which can do stranges to
stereo reception, especially if the program material is two channel
mono.  I see a lot of out of phase material on the air especially in
stereo TV.  Programs that have been dubbed from film have severe
phase rotation due to head alignment.  Even if these tapes are dubbed
or carried by a digital media they will carry with them any error
from the original dub.

Burt

At 10:00 PM 8/13/2006, you wrote:
>From: Cowboy <curt at spam-o-matic.net>
>Subject: Re: [BC] XLR Connector wiring and phase...
>
>On Sunday 13 August 2006 10:31 am, Burt I. Weiner wrote:
>
> >   Listen to your final product with left and
> > right summed together in mono.
>
>  Is this not still a "standard operating practice" in ALL stereo plants ?
>
>--
>Cowboy

Burt I. Weiner Associates
Broadcast Technical Services