[BC] WMCA/WNYC Tower Work

Scott Fybush scott
Mon Aug 14 00:18:24 CDT 2006

Tower painting underway. I was down that way Saturday, poking back into
the weeds and brush to get some better pictures of the old WNEW 1130
towers in "horizontal mode" down in the water, and had a brief chat with
the painters as they were leaving for the afternoon.

I was hoping Stu Engelke might have been around to answer the question
definitively...but he'd already left for the day (and a long weekend,
according to one of the painters).

At least on Saturday, the northernmost of the three towers was entirely
white - presumably a new primer coat before the orange-and-white goes up
there.