[BC] The XLR pinout debate

Alan Alsobrook radiotech
Sat Aug 12 16:33:48 CDT 2006

I continue to say that this debate is somewhat confused.  I first
noticed Pin 2 being + in some older Otari manuals. I of course was a bit
confused since it had always been pin 3 to my knowledge. Then I looked
further in this same manual and their drawings had the center pin
labeled as #2. This is quite contrary to the way that Switchcraft and
others number the pins when they build the device. From this I drew the
conclusion and have stuck with it, that somewhere, some how, someone
mislabeled the pin numbers and that the actual location of the wires
have remained the same.
So for me, pin 3 (the offset one in the middle) is still and will always
be +.

--
Alan Alsobrook CSRE AMD CBNT
St. Augustine Fl. 32086 904-829-8885