[BC] Iowa Pirate

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo
Sat Aug 12 16:19:52 CDT 2006

that's amazing.  not to take anything away from the fcc but I guess when it
takes years to get a ham off the air, a week is moving pretty fast for them.

rob a.

From: "Sid Schweiger" <sid at wrko.com>
To: <broadcast at radiolists.net>
Subject: Re: [BC] Iowa Pirate
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:39:26 -0600

 >>The nuts seem to have enough toes across the
reality line to know not to do that.<<

Don't bet on it.  A few years back someone was transmitting on a frequency
near the upper end of the FM band in Miami, throwing spurs onto the ATC
frequencies used by Miami International and leaving some of those
frequencies unusable.  Often the interference would show up just as the
tower was giving final approach instructions.  The now-retired FCC district
director in Boston, Vin Kajunski, had a hand in tracking this guy down, and
as I recall it took most of a week to get it done.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI AM/FM
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Boston MA  02135-2040
Phone: 617-779-5369
Fax: 617-779-5379
E-Mail: sid at wrko.com
Cable-Connectors-Blocks-Racks-Wire Management-Test Gear-Tools and More!