[BC] Fused plugs - was Hot and grounded chassis

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo
Fri Aug 11 22:52:17 CDT 2006

I think the holes are there to ventilate the prongs...<g>

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: Mark Earle <mearle at mearle.com>
Subject: Re: [BC] Fused plugs - was Hot and grounded chassis

 >And while we're on the topic, sort of... do the holes in the prongs of an
 >AC plug serve any purpose?  I suppose they could be used to lock a plug in
 >place, but I've never seen any AC outlets with that feature.  I have seen
 >some items which do not have these holes in the AC prongs, but that is
 >rare.

At a construction site, you can bend the end of a #12 wire in to two "J"
shapes, put the wires through the holes.. a cheater cord of sorts, that's
the only use I've seen of them. Of course, there is never any concern for
polarity, the ground one is not hooked up, and the bare wires are hot.

A "fancy" connectoin might be taped! But most are not.

mwe

       ) )
      ( (
       ) )
    _|****|   KLTG 96.5   KOUL 103.7  KLHB 98.3  KMJR 105.5
   ( |    |   *My email account, my PC, my ISP, my opinions*
    `|____|   mearle at mearle.com           wa2mct at mearle.com