[BC] Hot and grounded chassis

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Fri Aug 11 07:43:56 CDT 2006

In a message dated 08/10/2006 07:27:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nakayle at gmail.com writes:

> One change which I think is over-kill is the current UL requirement that
>  even small household appliances now must use SPT2 cords.  These seem
>  unnecessarily bulky for small light-duty appliances such as a table lamp or
>  clock radio.

I presume these are the cods we use on computers, etc? While I agree that the
cords are rather bulky, I think having a genuine "standard" is a good
thing... makes it easy for tinkerers like us to always have a good source of spare
cords! ;)

Willie...