[BC] Iowa Pirate

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo
Thu Aug 10 17:33:36 CDT 2006

The NAL was interesting reading.   I calculated that the field agent
measured 7 v/m at 3 meters from the antenna.  (a footnote said he measured
around 28000 times the part 15 max. of 250 uv/m at 3 meters.)   I had heard
about someone using the war emergency as a justification somewhere out west
but couldn't remember where.   The idea that they have a constitutional
right to broadcast is an old one.   Probably get all this from the internet
these days.   oh yeah, i searched the two names in the nal in qrz.com and
was relieved to find that they aren't hams.

rob atkinson

From: "John Buffaloe" <johnbuffaloe at bext.com>
Subject: RE: [BC] Iowa Pirate
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:32:09 -0500

This is the exact same modus operendi of an operation in San Diego that
managed to drag it out for two years before their equipment was confiscated.
The key player goes by the name of Bob Ugly and had quite the operation
going.  They were on 96.9 and called themselves Pirate Radio San Diego.
It's amazing the hoops the FCC had to jump through to finally get him off
the air.

John A. Buffaloe
Bext Inc
888-239-8462 Toll Free