[BC] Re: Blacklisting in Broadcast Engineering

Ron Radetzki radio99ron
Thu Aug 10 08:23:31 CDT 2006

Dana P:
  >>I have credible evidence about more then [sic] one company
  >>possibly having a blacklist.

  Credible evidence of a possibility? That sounds like a definite maybe.

  >>I do not plan to name any names of people and/or companies, only to 'out' this
  >>practice and hopefully eliminate it from our industry.

  Good luck, Don Quixote.

  A company is free to choose who it employs as long as there is no discrimination based on race, gender or religion. Anything else is called screening.

  The only blacklisting that I have ever witnessed is due to the engineer's incapability. This is not blacklisting, this is evaluating qualification for the job and possession of an honest work ethic. A person's reputation is usually to blame for any percieved blacklisting.