[BC] AM IBOC In The Dallas / Fort Worth Market

Cowboy curt
Thu Aug 10 07:49:01 CDT 2006

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 10:41 pm, Mark Humphrey wrote:
> On 8/9/06, Danny Ray Boyer <drboyer at centralcom.com> wrote:
> >
> > The biggest problem?  While driving around Dallas, Fort Worth and the
> > Mid-Cities areas - all three AM IBOC signals drop out.
> > Not good.
>
> And you have good ground conductivity around Dallas, too.  Around here
> (west of Philadelphia) you can imagine how much worse AM coverage is.

 AROUND Dallas, yes. IN Dallas, no.

 If memory serves, from measuring it myself a few years ago, it's
 about a 4 in metro Dallas, about 15 to the North and West, and
 does get up around 30 East, but that might not be the case.

 I do remember with certainty it's around 4 in all of the populated
 metro area.

 Coverage IN Dallas isn't what one might expect !

--
Cowboy