[BC] Listeners Loading down the Transmitter

Larry Fuss lfuss2
Wed Aug 9 22:42:13 CDT 2006

> This engineer rigged an audio xfmr allowing him to listen to what was
being
said in the office.

Reminds me of a situation I had in Mississippi where the night DJ on our
urban
station used to have all kinds of company at night.  The control room was
usually
full of hangers-on.  Whenever I showed up, they all seemed to disappear.

I had a spare SCA generator, so I had Kirk feed it with a direct feed from
the mic
processor and listened at home on my GE Super Radio with the subcarrier
modification.  Not only could I tell when a party was going on in the
Control Room, I could tell who was there and what they were talking about.

The jock involved never did figure out how I managed to determine what he
was
up to, but the nighttime Control Room parties stopped soon thereafter.

LF