[BC] Moving day

Radiofldude@aol.com Radiofldude
Wed Aug 9 14:04:25 CDT 2006

I kinda sorta, have. it's more of a bad expierience with a moving  company.

When I was at WTIR, we were had in our storage at the transmitter site in
Cocoa an MW5(from sister WOKB-1600)to a station in New Hampshire. A moving
company in Orlando with offices nationwide handled it for us.

The original contract was for 2 guys. They came down on Friday to inspect
everything and suddenly decided that they needed more people.  They show up  on
Monday with 7 guys and a bunch of lifting equipment.

Not only that, but the transmitter(used, but in good condition) ended up in
Nashua, New Hampshire damaged, scratched and missing parts. None of that was
the  case when it left me in Cocoa.

I later found out this moving company would do that, agree to send 2 people
but then decided they need mroe so they could charge more money!

Paul B.  Walker, Jr.
_www.theradiogod.com/blog.html_ (http://www.theradiogod.com/blog.html)