[BC] Cooledit Error Message

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Wed Aug 9 11:31:55 CDT 2006

In a message dated 08/09/2006 12:07:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
frankgott at aol.com writes:

> Cool Edit had been running smoothly on my workstation until the error
> message appeared while launching it.  Attempts to re-install have been
> unsuccessful.

You'll need to UNINSTALL it, and then re-install. You may also have to delete
the COOL.INI file in the WINDOWS folder, and from the folder that conatins
the Cool Edit software. Unfortunately, you'll lose all of your presets by doing
that.

A less destructive (but more tedious) option is to use a text editor to edit
the COOL.INI and remove all of the [directory] entries, and the items that
follow each one. Sometimes, it just scrambles its brains with too many directory
entries. By carefully examining the COOL.INI, you will see that it has a
pretty simple structure, with each section preceeded by a bracketed word, like
[directories] , [System] , etc. (This is pretty standard WINDOWS protocol for most
INI files.)

This works with Cool 2000 and up.

Willie...