[BC] RA-=1000

Jim Tonne tonne
Mon Aug 7 19:04:50 CDT 2006

 Gary:

 The Raytheon rigs had a tendency to leak black
 goop out of the iron.

 And while I am at it, I learned a lesson about Diesel fuel.
 I was the recipient of a used RA-1000.  Most of the tuning
 motors had frozen.  So I decided to clean them.  I went
 to a local place to get anything resembling kerosene or
 Varsol (that was the recommended thing someone told
 me).  Couldn't find Varsol.  A local truck stop fellow
 suggested Diesel fuel instead.  I always knew that stuff
 stunk to high heaven as the trucks went down the road.
 I got a gallon of it to clean the stuck tuning motors.

 Boy!  What an eye opener!  That stuff smelled just like
 the truck exhaust right out of the can!  Lesson learned!

 Did the job, though.   Now I hear all my hard work was
 sent to the cemetery at KBIM in Roswell.

 - JimT