[BC] TSA Lock???

Gary Zocolo ambrose
Mon Aug 7 11:24:16 CDT 2006

The way I have overcome this is a PIA, but it does work. I too have had that
experience of my tool box on the carosel in a plastic bin, open, and missing
a number of items....The solution for me requires a little extra time but
has worked even in busy airports including Houston...

I personally take my tool box, and talk to the TSA person that takes it. I
explain to him that I want it locked after it is screened. They always have
locked it for me...even if its as simple as a zip tie. They will NOT let you
touch it, they must lock it if it requires a key. They will lock it and hand
the key back to you.  I stand there till it is screened, see to it that it
is locked, and am on my way.

Gary Zocolo CE
Cumulus/Nashville

----- Original Message -----
From: "Golchert, Michael A." <MichaelGolchert at clearchannel.com>
To: "Broadcast List Serv" <broadcast at radiolists.net>
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 5:50 AM
Subject: [BC] TSA Lock???

    Has anyone seen a "TSA Approved" lock large enough that will work on
a Pelican case?  For the second time in less than a month, a pelican
case has "popped open" on the tarmac and certain items are missing.
Since the airlines refuse to cover checked tools or electronic test
equipment (even in a pelican case), I've got to find another way to keep
stuff secure while in transit.
    I've considered shipping stuff in advance via DHL or FedEx...but
sometimes time just won't allow that.

Michael A. Golchert
AM Field Engineer
Clear Channel
Life is Simple.  Eat.  Sleep.  Make RF go in the licensed direction.