[BC] Why tube transmitters are still loved

BOYDSIRBOYD@aol.com BOYDSIRBOYD
Sun Aug 6 10:03:23 CDT 2006

In a message dated 8/5/2006 6:56:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rockwell at rmci.net writes:
be 24 hours before I could get a replacement, so I tried the old Gates.  It
hadn't been turned on in over 10 years and was covered in dust, but bless
it's heart, it fired up with a whopping 600 watts, about 80% mod and kept us
going until I repaired the BE.  We had a BIG storm that same day, and it
just plain didn't care.

yes tubes just keep going and going and going and going.  hey do you
think that's where the bunny might just charge itself up??  forget
the stupid batteries..
i just love the smell of a good warm tube rig.

bill   wdab