[BC] Listening in the car

nakayle@gmail.com nakayle
Fri Aug 4 21:25:12 CDT 2006

 Well Steve, it's not the same industry that was paying my salary years
ago.  Today it's formula radio, where everywhere you go you hear the same
things.  I think the local oldies station has a playlist of the same 50
songs they've been playing for years because some stuffed shirt in NY said
those of the ones they should play.   And while I know their must be ads,
there doesn't have to be five solid minutes of ads, PSAs, promos and
whatnot.  Don't PDs realize that by the fourth minute of this the listener
has hit his tuning button to go find music somewhere?  And because every
station is like this now that somewhere is likely his Ipod where he can hear
what he wants when he wants and without the yak.

 - Nat Kayle