[BC] Listening in the car

nakayle@gmail.com nakayle
Fri Aug 4 20:49:19 CDT 2006

 Yes, the news is so depressing these days who wants to hear it?  :-(

  But as I've said before, all broadcasters are underestimating the impact
of the net.  I grew up fascinated with radio and spent 30 years in the
business, but I've become so disgusted with broadcasting today that I spend
almost all my time listening to stuff from the net now.  I even pay for some
programs I could hear free just to get rid of the endless droning of ads,
PSAs, promos and DJ-yak, not to mention what passes for redundant
over-compressed music now a days.   Every teen I knows goes around with a
ipod- not a radio.

 - Nat Kayle