[BC] 1000 foot tower for a dollar!

John Hettish jhettish
Fri Aug 4 12:00:51 CDT 2006

In October of 2004 we removed two sections from a Stainless (I think G5)
that remained after the upper 1100 feet came down.  One of the sections
weighed near 10,000 pounds the other around 8K.  Disassembling such a
structure by gin pole would be a major undertaking by any stretch of the
imagination.  For photos of our project take a look at the following link.

http://www.tower-pro.net/Pictures_of_interest/WPMI-Cleanup/index.htm

It like someone says we'll sell you the Empire State building for a dollar
but you have to move it.

John Hettish

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Kent Winrich
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:33 AM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] 1000 foot tower for a dollar!

All youi need to do is take the tower down.  That ought to be easy HA!

On 8/3/06, Rob Atkinson
<<mailto:ranchorobbo at hotmail.com>ranchorobbo at hotmail.com> wrote:
funny you should say that, as on the way home yesterday I was thinking that
a ham who could afford the take-down and move would wind up with 5 or 6 nice
sturdy 150 to 200 foot towers.  all kinds of possibilities:  big high horiz.
loop;  4 tower square DA, each 180 degrees on 160 meters....mmm mmmm nice.
gotta be a rich ham though, but dreaming is free.

was surprised to read that the legs were tube and not solid.  thought such a
tall tower would have solid legs.

rob atkinson
st. charles IL
k5uj

From: <mailto:nakayle at gmail.com>nakayle at gmail.com

    This should go fast- just what every ham needs!  ;-)

     -Nat