[BC] Powerpoles & DC distribution

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Fri Aug 4 10:45:32 CDT 2006

In a message dated 08/04/2006 09:25:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kzerocx at rapidcity.net writes:

> Don't forget to make up a Powerpole to alligator clip adaptor!    West
>  Mountain Radio and Saratoga make some pretty cool Powerpole distribution
>  boxes, fused with MOVs and reverse polarity protection.

I can unequvocally vouch for the quality of these products! I don't know why
I didn't make the change a long time ago... I got one, and started putting the
PowerPoles onto everything! I ran out of them, in fact, and need to get my
hands on some more. :) Making a PPoles-to-clipleads adaptor is a good idea. In a
pinch, you can use "standard" aligator clips with the PP connectors. (They
fit easily, just be careful of pulling them out.)

The power distribution blocks that West Mountain Radio (
www.WestMountainRadio.com ) makes are really cool. Not only are they fused &
reverse-pol-protected, they also have a built-in voltage monitor which will alarm for under or over
voltage conditions. (It also has an LED indicator.) Each fused "outlet" also
has a bright red LED under the fuse (standard automotive "blade" fuses) so a
blown fuse is instantly identifiable. The units are a tad pricey, but you
definitely are getting your money's worth!

Willie...