[BC] Personal protection (was other subjects)

Rich Wood richwood
Wed Aug 2 11:00:16 CDT 2006

------ At 11:13 PM 8/1/2006, Dave Dunsmoor wrote: -------

>If I did, then this would mean that I either carry, or don't go, and I make
>the decision, no one else.

New York has some of the more restrictive gun laws in the country.
I'm told you can be arrested for carrying a weapon, unloaded, in the
trunk of your car in New York City. However, licenses to carry are
available if you carry large sums of money (like enough to pay the
rent) or work in dangerous locations late at night. It might take a
while but I would guess anyone who works in a remote location known
for life-threatening conditions could get one.

Rich