[BC] Transmitter visits at insecure sites

Mike McCarthy Towers
Tue Aug 1 19:58:15 CDT 2006

Around here, no police department provides an escort as a matter of
policy...if they do it for radio people, then who else might make a claim
for "their" profession.  OTOH, it's bene known to occur that if a site is
desperately needed for some specific reason and the reason overwhelming and
compelling, they'll bring them in.  But it's got to be a really good reason
to deviate from policy like that.

Depending on the conditions present, such as severe weather...winter or
summer, or a prevailing concern in a really rural area, I might call the
sheriff and let them know we're working and we would appreciate a stop-by
so the officers can acquaint themselves with the site and what we do.

MM

At 04:02 PM 8/1/2006 -0700, Barry Mishkind wrote