[BC] LMA's

Mike McCarthy mre
Mon Oct 31 15:14:32 CST 2005

The engineer need not be autonomus. Only the manager which mans the
main studio. The engineer can do work for both so long as the lines of
responability and chain of command are clearly spelled out. Also, the
LMA holder can also perform the public service component as long as
the paper work backs up the aired programming.

MM

> " Having several clients with LMA's the rules require an automonous
manager
> and staff. The engineer is to be autonomus as well.
> The staff can simply be the person answering the phone at the front
desk,
> but all must be paid independently from the LMAing operator. And the
> "management" had better be there or at least available for interview.
> The "management" had best be providing at least an hour or so a week
of
> programming under the licensee's direction, even tho this can simply
be
> "started" by the LMA'er.
> Now I realize that many many thwart these simple requirements, but a
> complaint that would be tendered to investigate the operation could
bring a
> substantial fine to the licensee and possibly withdrawal of the
LMA'ers
> priviledge.
> harold stanton "
>
> LMAs are a sore subject with me.  An AM-FM combo I worked for was
LMAed
> prior to sale.  When the soon-to-be new owner took over (two and one
half
> months prior to the FCC's issuance of the consent to assignment), all
> employees were stripped of their seniority and unused vacation.  The
GM read