[BC] LMA

Mike McCarthy Towers
Mon Oct 31 08:09:08 CST 2005

>------ At 01:41 PM 10/30/2005, Don Niccum wrote: -------
>
>>Under an LMA, what is the minimum number of staff needed to be kept by the
>>licensee?

Aside from the main studio staffing requirements, there are no compulsory
licensee staff requirements for a LMA that I'm aware of. It is important
the licensee follows the main studio staffing requirements and not simply
hand the keys over to the program provider and walk away.

Now it is entirely permissible to have the main studio employees work for
the LMA holder as well. However, it is my understanding that this dual role
can be loaded with conflicts as the persons who work for both will have
divergent priorities at times.  As discussed in the Chief Engineer's duties
thread, reporting to two masters can be a real headache.

MM