[BC] RF absorption by foliage

Lewis Munn looey323
Mon Oct 31 05:09:23 CST 2005

Dave,

I have seen that effect too.

However, it is timed with the audio, and not a regular pulsation as was reported from Detroit.

Also, if you listen on the FIM speaker, a deep null distorts the audio badly, and so it obvious what is going on.

I do not think, as I recall, that this is the case around Detroit.  I seem to recall having seen the regular pulsations myself in measurements to the south of Detroit from way back.  Have not checked tho to see if there is a direct linkage to the Bermuda Triangle.

Looey Munn
Roundup, Montana
"not quite so widely travelled engineer"!!

DHultsman5 at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 10/30/2005 5:37:16 PM Central Standard Time,
paul at amtower.com writes:

Also around Flat Rock we have another strange anomaly. I have seen
> locations in the middle of a clear square mile, can't blame it on wires,
> where the FIM read some number, say 1mV and a second later its 5 mV a
> second later its back to 1 mV. The meter will bounce fast, not slow,

This problem usually occurrs when the null is very deep. As modulation
occurrs the power in the sidebands is not nulled as is the carrier power. This
will cause the FIM readings to appear to jump.