[BC] RF absorption by foliage

Ed Trombley ET
Sun Oct 30 23:45:56 CST 2005

I can't take credit for the pattern design.  Our office didn't do that
part.  We bid on the RF construction and tune up.  Although if we had the
opportunity to do the design it wouldn't have been a random spaced array
that produced the nasty impedances this one delivered.

I had 3 engineers that worked with me and we did the Phasors / ATu's /
Feedlines / Controller /
Sample system installation in basically 15 weeks.  On the last day of
construction we ran the transmitter at reduced power into both arrays and
both ND tower to gather some numbers and I handed the project to Wayne
Reese and Don Baad.  They cranked and proofed the array.  Broadcast Design
Company was the general contractor for everything.  Kintronics built the
phasors and RF hardware.

ET