[BC] Electrical Code

Dave mrfixit
Fri Oct 28 19:00:37 CDT 2005

Buried lines are Very Expensive and subject to outages from Flooding.
its cheaper to replace the overhead than Bury the lines.

Ron

Well, this is the part that has me wondering. The cost of power lines under
the point where significant efforts must be made to insulate as MM pointed
out. It seems to me that the cost per mile of expensive poles (purchase plus
labor to install them and the wire) would be more than offset by the cost of
plowing/trenching in somewhat more costly underground cable.

Flooding shouldn't be an issue but for the transformers sitting on the
ground. And, yes if they go, everything goes. I'll ask my neighbor one of
these days, he's a lineman.

Dave Dunsmoor