[BC] Almost a Darwin award!

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Fri Oct 28 17:31:27 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/28/2005 3:57:21 PM Central Standard Time, mre at ais.net
writes:

>  That guy is a real idiot, but tied with him is the Cessna 210 pilot
who
> clipped a fire truck trying to take off from a road and ran  his
plane into a
> ditch and trees after running out of gas and  landing on the road to
start
> with
>
> Paul  Smith

Interesting to me that they let him try to take off.  That looks like  a city
not rural area.  Taking off is not as easy as landing as seen in the
videos.....Most times the require the plane to be hauled off in a city  case.  Remove
the wings and put on a trailer or truck.  Saw something  similiar on a hiway
in Georgia and they kept the plane in a median for two days  with their red
plastic tape around the roped off area until the movers got there  to transport
it.

Was anybody in the plane with him when he tried to take off an hit the
ambulance or rescue truck????  That would be real stupid.    Fantastic landing job
but dumb take off decision.

Dave