[BC] Electrical Code

Jerry Mathis thebeaver32
Fri Oct 28 17:16:33 CDT 2005

And the other thing is NOT clearing trees within falling distance of the
power lines. Meridian MS is a good example of this. Practically ALL the
power lines that came down during Katrina were brought down by trees/limbs
falling on them. If the power company would cut the trees that, if they
fell, could take down the power lines, they wouldn't have this problem.

I've only seen ONE utility company that actually does this. Tennessee Valley
Electric Cooperative, which covers Hardin and Wayne counties in Tennessee,
cuts trees and brush not just under the power lines, but 30' or so either
side.

Jerry Mathis
Clear Channel Radio, Tupelo & Meridian MS