[BC] Cell phone activations

Ron Cole rondcole
Fri Oct 28 12:11:54 CDT 2005

There was a FCC cutoff date for analog phones of 8/8/2006 but its been
extended, not all of the analog phones had died yet, the system is after all
20 years old. The Major carriers quit turning on subscribers on the old
networks 4 or 5 years ago.

They don't want to activate the old phones, Analog/IS-136 TDMA because they
are trying to turn off that system. It using 33% of the spectrum and is down
to less than 10% of total users, almost all of which are low air time usage
or rural. Your only choice is to switch to digital the issue of finding a
solution that will work for you. One that sounds decent in operation because
of codex issues.

Ron Cole