[BC] Cell phone activations

Mike McCarthy Towers
Thu Oct 27 19:15:34 CDT 2005

Blowing smoke as far as I know.  The FCC can't dictate what phones the
cellular providers can or can not activate/reactivate/deactivate except
fort violations of the service agreement. Especially if the phone was on
that system before. What a pile.

Also...keep this in mind.  The analog phones will probably function better
in emergency situations than digital phones.  A couple reasons.  1) There
aren't many of them left and there will be less congestion on the cell. 2)
You can easily take a bag phone and stick a HUGE high gain yagi with some
height to reach into a cell which might be working at some distance.  You
would be surprised at how far 50 watts ERP at 30 ft. will travel at 850 Mhz.

MM