[BC] ACR-25 and TCR-100 quad cart machines

Fred Gleason fredg
Thu Oct 27 16:40:15 CDT 2005

On Thursday 27 October 2005 14:45, Davis, Jack L. (KTXL) wrote:
> Both of them could be a bit dangerous to poke your fingers into, lots of
> sudden rapid movement. ?Every maintenance engineer that ever worked on a
> TCR-100 learned the hard way NOT to shine a flashlight into the back. ?It
> would trip the tape photocells and cause the reel servo to rip the tape off
> the one of the reels. ?The "tractor" belt on the TCR-100 was very powerful
> and could do some real damage if you got something caught in it!

Hmm.  I think I prefer video codecs and hard drives...  :)

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development  |
|                           |             Salem Radio Labs                |
|         For every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill.         |
|                                    -- R. Clopton                        |