[BC] Electrical Code

Jeff Johnson jjohnson
Thu Oct 27 11:57:00 CDT 2005

>  metal poles being used to replace wood poles. They tend to not snap like
> wood polls.  But are also 3-4 times more expensive to install as the
> metal pole requires a foundation to be used whereas the wood doesn't.
>
>MM.  .

In Spain this summer, I saw mostly concrete poles. Then, they don't have
millions of tall trees over there. Cell and HV lines are on four sided,
fabricated angle steel towers. They have cute little square concrete silos
with hole for insulators at the top for substations, but they seem to be
mostly abandoned or obsolete.

Jeff.Johnson at goodnews.net