[BC] Early formats on FM / WSDM - WHER

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo
Mon Oct 24 17:43:57 CDT 2005

no prize needed--i'll just print out your email and tape it to my office
wall to show people proof that about once every 10 years, i get something
right.  : )

rob a.

From: Larry Albert <larry.albert at murraystate.edu>
Subject: RE: [BC] Early formats on FM /  WSDM - WHER
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:35:18 -0500

ROB

Correct  -  All air talent voices were female.

The talent at WSDM had sultry voices that could give King Tut's mummy ideas.

Memphis station was WHER ( HER)  at the time.

I don't know how long this lasted in Memphis.

I remember hearing the female talent of WSDM for a few years.

*****

Unfortunately,  no prize was offered.

Just an interesting bit of broadcast trivia.

Albert

http://www.radiolists.net/